PY University of Science and Technology
The PY University of Science and Technology (PUST) opened in 2010 and is the first privately run, foreign university in the country. PUST (not to be confused with PUCT) hopes to educate new generations of students from a comprehensive global perspective that will prepare them to become positive contributors to their country and advance it towards economic development. This mission is pursued in a setting that reinforces respect and care for others. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in a fully English-speaking environment. International study-abroad opportunities are also available to students.
PUST offers a high global standard of university education across a range of applied majors pertinent to real life in the region. The school’s curricula not only bring illumination, but promote peace and prosperity. At the completion of their studies, students are supplied with a global perspective that reaches across disciplines to improve their country. They are also given tools to engage in shared international efforts, drawing from their interactions with foreign professors and exposure to cross-cultural ideas. The school’s foreign faculty members serve as role models and mentors both in and out of the classroom.
- Provide the student body with exceptional faculty
- Form an industrial network of foreign firms operating within the country to give students seeking practical knowledge hands-on experience
- Educate new generations of students who seek to advance their country toward economic development
- Cultivate engineering and business professionals conversant in foreign languages
- Train a workforce that meets the expectations of progressive global industries
- Produce specialists who adeptly shift between theory and practical application
Division of Arts and Sciences (DAS)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- International Finance and Management (IFM)
- Agriculture and Life Sciences (ALS)
- Foreign Languages (FLS)
Division of Medical Sciences (DMS)
- Public Health
Students and Faculty
PUST’s campus is now home to over 600 students (500+ undergraduate and 100+ graduate). In March 2022, 113 undergraduate and 37 graduate students received their degrees at commencement.
Approximately 68 foreign faculty members and staff with extensive credentials currently serve at PUST, along with 260 local staff.